This week’s recipe is an easy one, and perfect if you’re throwing a summer bbq and need a good appetizer! It’s my Burger Bruschetta. A perfect way to kick-off a party, and pairing well with a pinot grigio and/or an American pale ale, it’s sure to have your guests clamoring with excitement!
Total Time: 30 minutes (20 min. prep / 10 min. cook)
Yield: 20 single servings
• 1/2 of a Half-baked French Baguette
• Fresh Basil
• 1/2 lb. of Grass-fed Ground Beef
• 1 Sweet Onions
• 1/2 Cup of Tomato Marinara Sauce
• 4 ounces of Goat Cheese
• 3 Table-spoons of Cinnamon
• 2 Table-spoons of Pepper
• 1 Table-spoons of Salt
1. Set the burner to a low-medium temperature, dice or strip the onions, and start sautéing for 12 minutes.
2. While sautéing, cut the baguette into slices 1/2 inch thick.
3. Take your cast iron, or other frying pan, and cook down the ground beef, while seasoning it with the pepper, salt, and most importantly cinnamon for 9-10 minutes on a medium-high temperature. Pour in the marinara sauce and cook on a high temperature for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now set your oven to broil, put the slices into a baking tray, and broil just one side of each slice.
5. Take the slices out, and spread on the goat cheese, the seasoned ground beef, and the caramelized onions, in that order, on the un-broiled side of the slices.
6. Place a few small slices of the fresh basil on top, and you’re good to go!